Fits the following transmissions: t56 (note: includes the fE-100 frame extension.) Finished in a black powder coat. Includes new mounting hardware. Purchase transmission mount separately. p/n GMTM.
p/n RCG-4L80K installation notes:
- on all 78-88 G body crossmembers, the passenger side hump is the taller of the two.
- on some installations, it is necessary to remove the catalytic converter heat shield from the passenger side floor pan.
- this generation of vehicle is prone to body bushing compression, even with some southern vehicles. If the floor pan is too close to allow installation, it may be necessary to replace the body bushings. Some customers have reported that with slight interference instances, they have been able to gently lift the floor pan with the assist of a floor jack and a wood cushion, thus providing the required clearance for installation.
- the crossmember is installed so that the exhaust clearance humps are closed on the top and open on the bottom.
- the primary frame change on this generation of vehicles is beginning with 1984 models and the implementation of the 2004R transmission which required positioning the crossmember further to the rear of the vehicle. This is evidenced by 2 sets of frame holes for the crossmember on the driver side of the vehicle. G force has developed the frame extension (p/n FE1-00) to duplicate this longer frame on the early generation vehicles. RCG-400k is pre-packaged with the frame extension. Note: while this change was platform wide beginning in 1984, some 1983 Hurst Olds are known to have the 2004R transmission and thus the longer frame rail.
78 79 80 81 82 83 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 Monte Carlo Cutlass Malibu EL Camino Regal GS Grand Prix TH400 2004R 200r4