Check out this article written by our good friends at Car Craft! 1978 Malibu build using GForce Crossmember (RCG-700) and adjustable transmission mount (GF-GMATM).
Fits the following transmissions: 700R4, 4L60, 4L60E. Finished in a black powder coat. Includes new mounting hardware. Purchase transmission mount separately. p/n GMTM.
p/n RCG-700 installation notes:
- on all 78-88 G body crossmembers, the passenger side hump is the taller of the two.
- on some installations, it is necessary to remove the catalytic converter heat shield from the passenger side floor pan.
- this generation of vehicle is prone to body bushing compression, even with some southern vehicles. If the floor pan is too close to allow installation, it may be necessary to replace the body bushings. Some customers have reported that with slight interference instances, they have been able to gently lift the floor pan with the assist of a floor jack and a wood cushion, thus providing the required clearance for installation.
- the crossmember is installed so that the exhaust clearance humps are closed on the top and open on the bottom.
- in some cases an rcg-700 installed with a t5 may require a custom transmission mount to maintain proper drive line angle.
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 Monte Carlo Cutlass Malibu EL Camino Regal GS Grand Prix 700R4 7004r 4L60 4L60E TREMEC TKO TKO500 TKO600 500 600